The following are resources for both professionals and students. The Georgia AFS YouTube Channel has all of these resources and more.
Each year during our annual meeting we judge both student oral and poster presentations for awards.
Oral presentations (at our annual meetings) are 15 minutes (10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A). And minimum poster size of 24″ x 36″ and maximum poster size of 48″ x 36″ – students should check with their advisor as to what they require.
Oral Presentation Resources
- Speaking in public
- Tips and Tricks to Create Effective Presentations (Jesse Trushenski)
- How to give an effective scientific presentation (Chuck Hages, University of Florida)
- Designing effective scientific presentations
- Designing PPT Slides for a Scientific Presentation
- What to avoid
- 6 Tips for Giving a Fabulous Academic Presentation (Wiley)
Poster Presentation Resources
- Scientific Poster Design Tips
- How to Present an Academic Research Poster
- Giving a Poster Presentation
- Poster Design and Presentation Workshop
Creating Video Presentations
A plethora of resources with one click – presentation design, presentation delivery, video editing, creating infographics, and selecting the right images, fonts, and color themes. [Thank you Hailey Bowen for suggesting this resource] https://wyomingllcattorney.com/Blog/Business-Presentation-Resources
Georgia AFS YouTube Channel has the latest tips and how-to videos