During this two-day training workshop, the participants will have opportunities to practice skills and ask questions. This workshop is intended for students and professionals. The workshop will be at UGA Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources in the computer lab located in room 419. Room 419 is in building 4 on the fourth floor.
August 15: 10am – 5pm
August 16: 8am – 2pm
- Complete the registration form: https://forms.gle/t8Jht7RfDM1UzHHu8
- Make payment – send check made out to Georgia Chapter AFS to the address below OR pay with a credit card using our online store. The cost is $20 for GAAFS Members and $30 for non-chapter members. 2022 membership dues can be paid online.
- Pay with a credit card: GAAFS Online Store
- Mail checks to: Rebecca Brown; 241 Apple Ridge 2; Dawsonville, GA 30534
Hotel information: we do not have a block of rooms. Book your hotel accommodations as soon as possible. The workshop is the same week students return to campus. Some hotels charge a parking fee if they are close to campus. Below is a list of a few hotels in the area.
- Holiday Inn Express Athens: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/athens/ahndt/hoteldetail
- Best Western Athens: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-athens/best-western-athens/propertyCode.11045.html
- Hampton Inn Athens: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ahngahx-hampton-athens/
- Hyatt Place Downtown Athens: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/georgia/hyatt-place-athens-downtown/ahnza
Parking on campus at UGA is $10 for the day. The south parking deck next to the Center for Continuing Education is the best choice for parking.
Link for directions and maps: https://www.warnell.uga.edu/about/directions-maps