It is not easy for students to take time from their academic schedules to attend a professional conference. We are grateful to the faculty who work with their students to allow them to reschedule exams or make up a missed lab so they can attend the Georgia AFS annual meeting. Students who attend professional meetings have opportunities to not only present their research, but they can develop the professional relationships and practices that will make them successful throughout their careers.
The Georgia Chapter is pleased to offer an Undergraduate Travel Stipend to attend Georgia Chapter annual meetings. The undergraduate travel stipend will provide lodging and meeting registration. The number of awards presented each year will depend on the amount of funding available in the Student Opportunity Fund, the cost of lodging, and the number of student applicants. Recipients of the travel stipend will be expected to assist with various duties at the annual meeting.
To apply for the Georgia AFS Undergraduate Travel Award, please complete the application. Submit completed applications to both Donna McDowell (Donna.McDowell@dnr.ga.gov) and Rebecca Brown (email@example.com) with the subject line “Georgia AFS Undergraduate Travel Award Application.” Application Deadline for Scholarship: December 13, 2022.
Undergraduate Travel Award Application
Faculty Advisor Recommendation Form
- Answered all questions and answered both essays for the application
- Provided advisor with the link for the faculty advisor form
- The faculty advisor needs to complete the form and they must submit their form (using their school email address) to Donna McDowell and Rebecca Brown by the deadline.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure their advisor submitted the faculty advisor recommendation form.
- Followed guidelines for writing essay responses
- Submitted completed application to Donna McDowell and Rebecca Brown
Applicants should receive confirmation from either Donna McDowell or Rebecca Brown (or both) within 24 hours of them submitting their application.
Applicants will be notified by January 6, 2023, if they were selected as a recipient of one of the Georgia AFS Undergrad Travel Awards. Those that receive the award will need to check with the registration table to get their room key, their registration material, and to sign-up for one of our volunteer duties. Recipients may or may not be staying in a room with someone they know. All recipients will be provided with the name and contact information of their roommate(s) prior to the meeting.