Georgia Chapter AFS Membership
Membership in the Georgia Chapter of the American Fisheries Society is open to anyone interested in the progress of fisheries science and education in Georgia and the conservation and management of Georgia’s fisheries and aquatic ecosystems. Our members come from throughout the Southeast, ranging from natural resource managers, aquaculturists, researchers, conservationists, anglers, and numerous biological disciplines; and representing state and federal government, academia, private consulting, industry, and recreational fishing interests.
Our Chapter’s mission is to improve the conservation and sustainability of fishery resources and aquatic ecosystems by advancing fisheries and aquatic science and promoting the development of fisheries professionals. Your paid membership helps us to support that MISSION.
Membership dues are $10 per year.
All memberships are for a calendar year. New memberships and renewals received January 1 through August 31 are processed for full membership that calendar year. Those received September 1 or later are processed for full membership beginning January 1 of the following year.
What are the benefits of becoming a Georgia Chapter member?
- Reduced Annual Meeting registration fees
- Leadership opportunities to serve as an officer or chair a committee
- Reduced fees for training workshops
- Student members pursuing a degree in fisheries or related field can apply for one of our scholarships
- Developing relationships with others who have similar interests
- Supporting fish conservation efforts in Georgia
- Supporting aquatic education outreach programs in Georgia
2022 Membership form: https://forms.gle/xUmoygHAkupb3opF9
There is an option to pay Georgia AFS membership online using your credit card.
American Fisheries Society Membership
We also would like to encourage you to become a member of The American Fisheries Society.
Learn about the many benefits of being part of the largest professional society of fisheries scientists in the world.